Hey! I’m Kiara, and it’s very nice to meet you!
You may (or may not) know that Bookends was a blog I had previously started on Blogger. However, I didn’t like how the layout looked, and I wasn’t very organized. So, my friend has a writing blog on WordPress ( it’s http://www.simple-scribbles.com/ – check it out!) and she recommended this site to me.
I’ve decided to try it out, and I really like the way it’s set up. So, I’m transferring Bookends to here, and it gets a complete makeover. 🙂
If you’re new here, I would love to get to know you. I am a fifteen-year-old (as of this post) writer who aspires to be a published author someday. I love animals and books.
Here are some random facts about myself:
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite animals are wolves. (I’ve had the privilege of visiting a wolf sanctuary, where I got to be around my beloved animals and hear their hauntingly beautiful howls).
- I read pretty much all genres; my absolute favorite is what I call traditional fantasy.
- I have three older sisters.
- I own a shih-poo dog, Bella, who is extremely lazy, but also extremely cuddly.
- I want to own a dragon.
- My birthday is on the same day as Sebastian Stan’s birthday (he’s one of my favorite actors). Additionally, I share my birthday with another actor, Corey Fogelmanis (he and I were actually born the exact same day in the exact same year). Also, my birthday is National Left-Hander’s Day, and guess what – I’m a proud leftie!
- I have an extremely vivid imagination (all the better for being a writer, right?)
- I’m self-teaching myself archery.
- As of the time of this post, I have 6 books autographed by their respective authors – 3 from a local pair of authors, one of those authors that I’ve gotten to communicate with; two from one of my favorite authors, Christa Kinde (I also extensively communicate with her through cards, letters, and email), and one from another of my favorite authors, Jenny L. Cote. I also feel special because all of those autographs are specifically addressed to me by name.
- I wear hearing aids.
- I’m starting this blog to communicate with other writers, both young and old. I want to give the advice I’ve found to work with me, and I want to journey with other writers as we navigate through this tricky thing called writing.
- I will post on Mondays and Thursdays. Please take note that when school starts up in the fall, postings may have to be spread out and/or less frequent.
Sorry if I bored you with those pretty much useless facts. If you want to learn more about me, you can comment below or you can check out the “About the Blogger” section of my site.
Now it’s your turn! What are some interesting facts about you? Is there anything else you want to know about me? Let’s talk!