I was nominated for this thing called The Liebster Award by my lovely friend Jessica over at Simple Scribbles. I’m not quite sure what it is, but, hey, I love trying new things. It seems like it’s a way to get to know other bloggers by getting the chance to ask them questions.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the nominator and link back to his/her blog. (Thanks, Jessica!)
- Answer the questions asked by the nominator.
- Ask eleven questions of your own.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Have fun! (Okay, that’s not a rule, but it totally should be.)
- How did you get started writing? I’ve just kind of always been telling stories, whether I was writing little short stories or when I was playing with my stuffed animals. My early stories were almost always centered on animals, and my logic was horrible, but once I reached my tweens, I really started taking my writing seriously. I finally realized that it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
- What is your favorite book? Why? This is hard – I love so many! One I really love is The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. When my dad had suggested I read the book years ago, I turned him down and said I probably wouldn’t like it. Yeah…I was wrong.
- What is your least favorite book? Why? I assume I have to have read the whole book to claim it as my least favorite, so I’ll just say The Finisher by David Baldacci. I’ve complained about it before, so I won’t here, but I just really didn’t like it.
- What are you currently reading? Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan.
- Some writers never have plans to publish. Do you? Yes. Not for fame or fortune, but just because I want to touch people’s lives like other author’s books have touched mine. I don’t know when, and I don’t know how, but I’ll be published, someday.
- Cat person or dog person? Both, but recently I’ve found that I sway more towards the dog side.
- How many states/countries have you lived in? One. One country, one state, one town, and one house. My whole life.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be? –Realistically, I’d probably be Joey from the Disney Channel show Liv and Maddie. He’s pretty much me, just male and fictional. If I could choose to be any character, though, I’d be either Luna or Hermione from Harry Potter. I’m already a healthy mix of both of their personalities, but I’d gladly be either one of them, because they’re both so brave, kind, and unique.
- School’s almost starting! How do you fit blogging into your daily schedule during the school year? Since my blog is still a baby blog, I’ve never been maintaining it during the school year. My plan is to try to make time where I can, sit at the computer, cry, and hope it turns out alright. 😉
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be (made-up ones count, too!) I would either be able to A) shape-shift, B) super speed, or C) have telekinesis.
- What do you plan on studying in college? I’m not sure yet. I love writing and want to become an author/journalist, but I also am contemplating pursuing a career in Christian radio. Whatever I need to study in college for those.
- Are you left-handed or right-handed?
- What’s something funny you’ve heard a little kid say?
- If you could choose one person (fictional or non-fictional) to narrate your life, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite medieval weapon?
- What’s the plot of the earliest story you can remember writing?
- Do you prefer pencils or pens?
- If you created a new superhero persona for yourself, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- What’s an unconventional animal that you wish you could ride?
- What’s a smell you really love?
- If you could teach a newly created school subject, what would it be?
I nominate Christa Kinde from her home site/blog about her books!
It’s your turn! If you read this blog post, post your answers to my questions in the comments and we can chat. I wanna hear from you!